Guide to the 12 Meridians Hands-on Training
Everything you need to know about the 12 Meridians of Chinese Medicine
- The pathways of the 12 Meridians
- Meridian Theory: Yin, Yang, Qi flow, and meridian pairs
- Function and uses of each of the meridians
- How to sense the flow of Qi in your own system and that of others
- Beginning and end points of each meridian
- 22 commonly used acupressure points and how to use them
- Balance your Qi through gentle Qi Gong practices
- Understand the basis and scope of the Meridian Massage Approach
Requirements to attend:
All students must meet the following requirements in order to attend:
Be a licensed or experienced hands-on practitioner (Massage Therapist, Reflexologist, Physical Therapist, etc)
Required Text: Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality, by Cindy Black
This is a beginning (Level 1) course. The meridian system of Chinese Medicine is an intricate web of pathways throughout the body. Meridians are the pathways of Qi flow. Knowing the structure and function of the 12 meridians is essential to understanding and fully benefiting from the Meridian Massage Approach. The Taoist roots of Chinese medicine and the 12 meridians will be introduced.
Put theory into practice
Qi flow, (energy flow) must be felt for oneself. Throughout the workshop, you will be supported to sense/feel Qi in your body so that you may sense it in others. Qi flows through the meridians.
Get answers to common questions
- What is a meridian?
- What is Qi?
- How does Qi flow in the meridians?
- Where are meridians located?
- What differentiates one meridian from another?
- What is an acupressure point?
- How do I know if I am on a point?
- How much pressure should use on acupressure points?
- How long should I hold a point?
Through lively discussions, partnered practice, and gentle movement, you will learn how to utilize the healing potential of the 12 meridians for yourself and your clients.
Time to replenish yourself
Through partnered practice and individual movement exercises, you will experience for yourself the flow of Qi throughout your meridian system.
* Class is limited to 10 students in order to maximize personal attention.
May 14, 15, 16, 17, 2019
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
May 14, 15, 16: 9am - 6pm
May 17: 9am - 1pm
24 CEUS for NY, FL, NCBTMB
Continuing Education Credits are for Massage Therapists only
Early Enrollment Discount:
Save $100 when you enroll by April 14
Limited to 10 Students
(15 minutes south of Ithaca, NY)
Private workshop studio
Lodging and Meals
You are responsible for lodging and meals.
Be sure to confirm your lodging asap as this is a busy time of the year in this area.
How to Enroll
Workshops are small (limited to 10) so they tend to fill quickly.
Full payment is required at the time of enrollment to secure your space.
Be sure that you meet all of the prerequisites listed above prior to enrolling.
You can pay with a credit card or PayPal.
- Tuition includes a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- Your credit card or PayPal receipt will show "Long Life Happy Life" as the named business. Long Life Happy Life is the name that I use for all in-person workshops.
After you complete your enrollment, I will send you directions to the location and keep you updated until we meet in May.
Remember - you will Save $100 when you enroll by April 14
Full Tuition = $550
Early registration discount tuition = $450
**CLASS IS FULL**
If you want to join the waiting list click the Enroll Now button below.
About the Instructor
I love to teach this work! After 15 years of teaching and practicing Massage Therapy, I went to school for Chinese Medicine. As I was learning the theory and practice of Acupuncture I began integrating it into my hands-on work. Over the years, this integration of Chinese Medicine and Massage Therapy became known as "Meridian Massage."
I no longer use needles, I am back to working with my hands, heart, and mind. In 2016 I published Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality. I am happy that Massage Schools, practitioners, and people living holistic lifestyles are using the book to improve their lives.
My path of learning continues to unfold every day.
- Cindy Black, L.Ac., LMT