Guide to the 5 Elements Hands-On Training
Explore the 5 Elements within yourself and in the natural world
- Characteristics and qualities of each the 5 Elements of Chinese Medicine
- Taoist Cosmology and the 5 Elements
- The Cycles of the 5 Elements (Generating and Consolidating)
- How to assess the relative balance of the 5 Elements within yourself and others
- Relationship of Yin and Yang with the 5 Elements
- Relationship of meridians and acupressure points to the 5 Elements
- How to connect with the wisdom of the 5 Elements within yourself
- How to connect with the resources of the 5 Elements in Nature
Requirements to attend:
All students must meet the following requirements in order to attend:
- Be a licensed or experienced hands-on practitioner (Massage Therapist, Reflexologist, Physical Therapist, etc)
Required Text: Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality, by Cindy Black
From the perspective of Chinese Medicine, humans are seen as "mini - copies" of the Universe. Humans are in constant relationship with all of Nature. Nature outside of us is the same as Nature within us. The 5 Elements of Nature are within each person as well as the Universe around us. We will explore each Element in depth as it manifests within the human microcosm and the world around us.
Put theory into practice
These Elements are forces of Nature, lively flows of potential and energy. Explorations of the theory of the 5 Elements will be balanced by experiential exercises that open you to experiencing each Element within your body-mind-spirit.
Get answers to common questions
- What are the 5 Elements of Chinese medicine?
- How do the Elements manifest in body-mind-spirit?
- How are the Elements connected to the seasons?
- How can I support my health by harmonizing with the 5 Elements?
- How are the 12 meridians associated with the Elements?
- How can I assess the relative balance of the Elements in my clients and in myself?
Through lively discussions, guided personal contemplation, and gentle movement, you will learn the characteristics and resources of the 5 Elements of Chinese medicine.
Time to replenish yourself
The learning experience itself will include exercises that connect you with the resources of each Element within you. Opening to the Elements within your body-mind-spirit will bring harmony and vitality to your entire system.
* Class is limited to 10 students in order to maximize personal attention.
June 11, 12, 13, 14 2019
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
June 11, 12, 13: 9am - 6pm
June 14: 9am - 1pm
24 CEUS for NY, FL, NCBTMB
Continuing Education Credits are for Massage Therapists only
Early Enrollment Discount:
Save $100 when you enroll by May 11th
Limited to 10 Students
(15 minutes south of Ithaca, NY)
Private workshop studio
Lodging and Meals
You are responsible for lodging and meals.
Be sure to confirm your lodging asap as this is a busy time of the year in this area.
How to Enroll
Workshops are small (limited to 10) so they tend to fill quickly.
Full payment is required at the time of enrollment to secure your space.
You can pay with a credit card or PayPal.
- Tuition includes a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- Your credit card or PayPal receipt will show "Long Life Happy Life" as the named business. Long Life Happy Life is the name that I use for all in-person workshops.
After you complete your enrollment, I will send you directions to the location and keep you updated until we meet in June.
Remember - you will Save $100 when you enroll by May 11
Full Tuition = $550
Early registration discount tuition = $450
About the Instructor
I love to teach this work! After 15 years of teaching and practicing Massage Therapy, I went to school for Chinese Medicine. As I was learning the theory and practice of Acupuncture I began integrating it into my hands-on work. Over the years, this integration of Chinese Medicine and Massage Therapy became known as "Meridian Massage."
I no longer use needles, I am back to working with my hands, heart, and mind. In 2016 I published Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality. I am happy that Massage Schools, practitioners, and people living holistic lifestyles are using the book to improve their lives.
My path of learning continues to unfold every day.
- Cindy Black, L.Ac., LMT