Meridian Massage Approach Hands-On Level 3
Skillfully work with the healing potential of 60 acupressure points
- Understand the multidimensional nature of acupressure points
- Locate 60 acupressure points on yourself and others
- Learn advanced evaluation skills
- How to best combine these 60 points in order to alleviate symptoms and restore harmony to the Body-Mind-Spirit
- Explore the nuances of contacting acupressure points in order to activate the flow of Qi in the meridians and Organ Systems
- Increase your sensitivity to Qi in yourself and others
- Balance your Qi through gentle Qi Gong practices
- How to choose the correct set of points to address the concerns of individual clients.
Requirements to attend:
All students must meet the following requirements in order to attend:
- Be a licensed or experienced hands-on practitioner (Massage Therapist, Reflexologist, Physical Therapist, etc)
- Completed Meridian Massage Approach - Hands-On Level 2
- Completed Big Tree School of Natural Healing Level 3 course:
Guide to 60 Transformational Acupoints
This Level 3 course must be completed online
Click here to view Guide to 60 Transformational Acupoints online
Required Text: Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality, by Cindy Black
Build on the theory and skills you learned from Level 1 and 2. From the strong foundation of theory, we now examine the healing potential of acupressure points. Every point will be explored within the context of Yin, Yang, 5 Elements, Organ System, Vital Substances, and empirical uses.
Put theory into practice
Having learned how to assess conditions from the energetic perspective of Chinese Medicine, now you will learn how to select groups of points to support the return to balance in Body-Mind-Spirit. Precise point location and correctly understanding the nature and uses of points will be emphasized.
Get answers to common questions
- How do I use points to clear stagnation?
- How do I use points to tonify/support/nourish?
- How do I know when to change my point selection based on the response of clients?
- What expectations should I have for the progression of healing when using Meridian Massage?
- How do I integrate hands-on bodywork, lifestyle adjustments, and self-care exercises into my sessions?
- What is the scope of practice for the Meridian Massage Approach?
Through lively discussions, partnered practice, and gentle movement, you will experience the healing potential of the Meridian Massage Approach for both yourself and your clients.
Time to replenish yourself
There will be plenty of time to clarify the content from the previous two levels of training. Through partnered practice and individual movement exercises, you will experience for yourself how wonderful abundant and smooth flowing Qi feels.
* Class is limited to 10 students in order to maximize personal attention.
About the Instructor
I love to teach this work! After 15 years of teaching and practicing Massage Therapy, I went to school for Chinese Medicine. As I was learning the theory and practice of Acupuncture I began integrating it into my hands-on work. Over the years, this integration of Chinese Medicine and Massage Therapy became known as "Meridian Massage."
I no longer use needles, I am back to working with my hands, heart, and mind. In 2016 I published Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality. I am happy that Massage Schools, practitioners, and people living holistic lifestyles are using the book to improve their lives.
My path of learning continues to unfold every day.
- Cindy Black, L.Ac., LMT