Meridian Massage Approach Hands-On Level 1
Bring the theory of Yin, Yang, 5 Elements, and the 12 Meridians into your hands-on practice
- Locate the 12 meridians on yourself and others
- Locate 22 acupressure points on yourself and others
- How to assess the relative balance of Yin and Yang in yourself and others
- How to assess the relative balance of the 5 Elements within yourself and others
- Explore the nuances of contacting acupressure points in order to activate the flow of Qi in the meridians
- Increase your sensitivity to Qi in yourself and others
- Balance your Qi through gentle Qi Gong practices
- How to choose points for relieving pain, balancing emotions, and stress reduction
Requirements to attend:
All students must meet the following requirements in order to attend:
- Be a licensed or experienced hands-on practitioner (Massage Therapist, Reflexologist, Physical Therapist, etc)
- Completed all Big Tree School of Natural Healing Level 1 classes:
Guide to Yin and Yang
Guide to the 5 Elements
Guide to the 12 Meridians
These Level 1 classes can be completed online or in person
View Guide to 12 Meridians online class In-Person Workshop
View Guide to 5 Elements online class In-Person Workshop
Required Text: Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality, by Cindy Black
Improve your hands-on skills while refreshing your own energy system. Each day you will learn to open the flow of Qi through gentle Qi Gong practices and simple stretches. As you increase your ability to feel own Qi, you are better able to work meridians and acupressure points on others.
Put theory into practice
Through your participation, you will come to understand the deeper intentions and possibilities of Meridian Massage based on your direct experience. You will refine your meridian and point location through hands-on practice. See how the 5 Elements and Yin and Yang express themselves in yourself and others.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will know how to apply several acupoint combinations in order to resolve common ailments such as anxiety, muscle tension, joint pain, headaches, and digestive upset.
Get answers to common questions
- How long should I hold a point?
- How much pressure should I use?
- How should I massage an acupoint and/or meridian to move Qi?
- How do I know which points to use based on the 5 Elements and Yin and Yang?
- How do I know if I am “doing it right?”
- How can I assess energetic imbalances in my clients?
- How can I integrate Meridian Massage into my professional practice?
Through lively discussions, partnered practice, and gentle movement, you will learn how to utilize the healing potential of Meridian Massage for both yourself and your clients.
Time to replenish yourself
There will be plenty of time to clarify the content from the prerequisite courses. Through partnered practice and individual movement exercises, you will experience for yourself how wonderful abundant and smooth flowing Qi feels.
* Class is limited to 8 students in order to maximize personal attention.
June 19, 20, 21
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
June 19, 20: 9am - 6pm
June 21: 9am - 1pm
18 CEUS for NY, FL, NCBTMB
Continuing Education Credits are for Massage Therapists only
Early Enrollment Discount:
Save $100 when you enroll by May 19
Limited to 8 Students
(15 minutes south of Ithaca, NY)
Private workshop studio
Lodging and Meals
You are responsible for lodging and meals.
Be sure to confirm your lodging asap as this is a busy time of the year in this area.
How to Enroll
Workshops are small (limited to 8) so they tend to fill quickly.
Full payment is required at the time of enrollment to secure your space.
Be sure that you meet all of the prerequisites listed above prior to enrolling.
You can pay with a credit card or PayPal.
- Tuition includes a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- Your credit card or PayPal receipt will show "Long Life Happy Life" as the named business. Long Life Happy Life is the name that I use for all in-person workshops.
After you complete your enrollment, I will send you directions to the location and keep you updated until we meet in June.
Remember - you will Save $100 when you enroll by May 19
Full Tuition = $450
Early registration discount tuition = $350
About the Instructor
I love to teach this work!
After 15 years of teaching and practicing Massage Therapy, I went to school for Chinese Medicine. As I was learning the theory and practice of Acupuncture I began integrating it into my hands-on work. Over the years, this integration of Chinese Medicine and Massage Therapy became known as "Meridian Massage."
I no longer use needles, I am back to working with my hands, heart, and mind. In 2016 I published Meridian Massage, Opening Pathways to Vitality. I am happy that Massage Schools, practitioners, and people living holistic lifestyles are using the book to improve their lives.
My path of learning continues to unfold every day.
- Cindy Black, L.Ac., LMT
Founder, Big Tree School of Natural Healing