Tea for Digestion
Lately I’ve been enjoying a simple blend of herbs to support my digestion. Here is the recipe:
In about 4-6 cups of water, add
- 6-8 slices of fresh Ginger Root
- 1 Teaspoon (or a big pinch) of Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon (or a big pinch) of Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon (or a big pinch) of ground Licorice Root
- 1 Teaspoon (or a big pinch) of ground Slippery Elm
- 4-5 Cardamom seed pods
- Half a teaspoon of Black Pepper corns
- 2 Teaspoons (or big pinches) of Peppermint leaves
Bring everything, except the Peppermint leaves, to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Turn heat off. Add the Peppermint leaves and keep on the cooling burner for another 5 minutes.
This makes enough to last a few days, or to serve tea all day to a small group of visitors.
The general idea behind this tea is to soothe the intestinal lining, support digestion and absorption of food, and to ease elimination. I have been enjoying a cup or two a day.
If making this tea from scratch doesn’t sound like fun, try Yogi Tea’s Stomach Ease Tea bags.