Things I always take on a plane
Besides a few snacks, magazines and my iPod, I always travel with a few things to protect myself from “plane air.” First and foremost, I try not to think about it too much. Next, I relax by doing a few things that offer me a little extra protection from real or imagined things floating around in the air.
1. Rub an essential oil blend to my wrists, around my neck, nose and around my ears (NOT in my ears). I apply this before entering the airport, again when I get to my seat, and once again throughout the flight. It gives me another layer of immune defense besides my own, and it smells great.
Here is my latest greatest blend (for healthy adults only, not for children or babies):
Into 1oz of jojoba oil, I add the following essential oils:
- 5 drops of Black Spruce, Picea mariana
- 5 drops of Ravintsara, Cinnamomum camphora
- 5 drops of Saro, Cinnamosma fragrans
- 5 drops of Cedarwood, Juniperus virginiana
2. Planetary Formulas Echinacea Defense Force – these are very effective herbal tablets. I take these when I’m traveling to support my immune system. I take them the morning of my flight, and again in the afternoon and before bed. I usually continue taking them 1 or 2 times a day while I travel.
3. No Jet-Lag – this is a homeopathic remedy made in New Zealand for, you guessed it – jet lag. Just follow the directions – take 1 tablet during take off , 1 every 2 hours while flying, and 1 when landing. I usually take another before bed. Ever since I found these, I have been much happier as jet lag gets me even on short flights within the same time zone.
Where to get this stuff:
Essential oils and organic jojoba oil – www.aromaticsinternational.com
Planetary Formulas Echinacea Defense Force and No Jet-Lag are in health food stores and at many online sites.
If you have any special travel remedies of your own, I’d love to hear about them.