What's in a name?
– Lao Tsu, Tao Te Ching
Is your name actually who you are?
Who are you without your name?
Wondering about this is the inner path. Turning inward, towards our own personal mystery leads back to the Mysterious Source of Everything, sometimes called the Tao.
- What are the steps along the path?
- What is the best way to get there?
Each of us finds our own answers to these to questions. It is a solo journey, a life’s work. But many have gone before and have left behind clues, thoughts and inspiration. Below is a list of some of my favorites.
Please add your favorite writers and books in the comment box below.
- Advanced Contemplation The Peace Within You, Vol. 15: Notebooks of Paul Brunton by Paul Brunton
- The Original Writings of Edward Bach: Compiled from the Archives of the Dr. Edward Bach Healing Trust by Judy Howard
- Crooked Cucumber: The Life and Zen Teaching of Shunryu Suzuki by David Chadwick
- Tao Te Ching : Lao Tsu : A New Translation by Gia Fu Feng & Jane English
- Momma Zen: Walking the Crooked Path of Motherhood by Miller, Karen Maezen